LDT – Language Development for Teachers – 2020
This practical 20-hour course is ideal if you are at B2/C1 level (CEFR) and are looking to develop your English language knowledge. The course is specifically designed to promote your participation so as to improve your language awareness.
The lessons will be recorded and available for 1 week (7 days) for participants to watch in case they need to miss any of the lessons. After 7 days, the lessons are automatically deleted.
Minimum number of participants 6 – maximum number of participants 12.
- Monday evenings from 7.00 to 8.00 p.m. (Brasília time)
- From July to December, 2020 (20 classes – 1 hour per week)
|July||13, 20, 27|
|August||3, 10, 17, 24, 31|
|September||14, 21, 28|
|October||5, 19, 26|
|November||9, 16, 23, 30|
Sessions – Content
|Session 1||Advanced Conditionals|
|Session 3||Phonology – The consonants|
|Session 4||Phonology – The Vowels|
|Session 5||Time and Tense|
|Session 6||Progressive and Perfect Aspect|
|Session 7||Phonology – Connected Speech 1|
|Session 8||Phonology – Connected Speech 2|
|Session 9||Non-finite clauses 1|
|Session 10||Non-finite clauses 2|
|Session 11||Spoken Grammar|
|Session 12||Hypothetical Meaning|
|Session 13||Adjectives and Adverbs|
|Session 14||Modality I|
|Session 15||Modality II|
|Session 16||Lexical Meaning|
|Session 17||Emphasis 1|
|Session 18||Emphasis 2|
|Session 19||Futurity 1|
|Session 20||Futurity 2|
- All the handouts and slides used during the course will be provided for the course participants free of charge.
- Register in June, 2020 and pay 7 instalments of R$ 170,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (June, 2020 to December, 2020)
- Register in July, 2020 and pay 6 instalments of R$ 199,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (July, 2020 to December, 2020)
- A computer connected to the internet;
- Broadband internet connection (at least 10 Mbps).
- Groups must have a minimum number of 6 participants and a maximum of 12;
- Lessons will be recorded and available for a week. After 7 days the recordings are automatically deleted.
Sérgio Pantoja is a CELT-P and CELT-S tutor, Delta Module 1 tutor and freelance teacher trainer. He has been in the ELT field since 2002, having worked as an English teacher, tutor, teacher trainer and Cambridge speaking examiner (Main Suite and YLE). He holds among others, the CPE, a degree in Languages, a postgraduate degree in English Language Teaching and Translation, a TESOL Certificate from the University of Oregon, USA, and the Delta. His Delta Module 3 Specialism focused on LDT (Language Development for Teachers). An active member of the ELT community, Sérgio is part of the BRAZ-TESOL advisory council.
Click here to register: http://bit.ly/ldt2020form