Words in Action: A Vocabulary Development Course – 2020
This course is for you if
- you are an English teacher;
- you have a C1 level of English;
- you are interested in expanding your vocabulary and strengthening your communication skills.
This 20-hour course is ideal if you are at C1 level (CEFR) and looking to develop your English vocabulary and strengthen your communication skills. Throughout the semester, you will have the opportunity to enhance your vocabulary by learning a wide range of words, collocations, idioms, etc. related to 20 different topics.
- Monday evenings from 8.00 to 9.00 p.m. (Brasília time)
- From February to June, 2020 (20 classes – 1 hour per week)
|February||3, 10, 17, 24|
|March||2, 9, 16, 23, 30|
|April||6, 13, 20, 27|
|May||4, 11, 18, 25|
|June||1, 8, 15|
Sessions – Content
|Session 1 – February 3||Metaphors|
|Session 2 – February 10||Education|
|Session 3 – February 17||Work|
|Session 4 – February 24||Relationships|
|Session 5 – March 2||Feelings|
|Session 6 – March 9||Books and films|
|Session 7 – March 16||Vague language|
|Session 8 – March 23||Food|
|Session 9 – March 30||Travel|
|Session 10 – April 6||The environment|
|Session 11 – April 13||The economy|
|Session 12 – April 20||The news|
|Session 13 – April 27||Technology|
|Session 14 – May 4||Space and time|
|Session 15 – May 11||Motion: pace and movement|
|Session 16 – May 18||Sound|
|Session 17 – May 25||Facts, opinions, and desires|
|Session 18 – June 1||Cause and effect|
|Session 19 – June 8||Problems and dilemmas|
|Session 20 – June 15||Politics|
- All the handouts and slides used during the course will be provided for the course participants free of charge.
- Register in December 2019 and pay 7 instalments of R$ 170,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (December, 2019 to June, 2020)
- Register in January 2020 and pay 6 instalments of R$ 199,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (January, 2020 to June, 2020)
- Register in February 2020 and pay 5 instalments of R$ 238,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (February, 2020 to June, 2020)
- A computer connected to the internet;
- Broadband internet connection (at least 10 Mbps).
- Groups must have a minimum number of 4 participants and a maximum of 8.
Sérgio Pantoja is a CELT-P and CELT-S tutor, Delta Module 1 tutor and freelance teacher trainer. He has been in the ELT field since 2002, having worked as an English teacher, tutor, teacher trainer and Cambridge speaking examiner (Main Suite and YLE). He holds among others, the CPE, a degree in Languages, a postgraduate degree in English Language Teaching and Translation, a TESOL Certificate from the University of Oregon, USA, and the Delta. His Delta Module 3 Specialism focused on LDT (Language Development for Teachers). An active member of the ELT community, Sérgio is part of the BRAZ-TESOL advisory council.
Click here to register: http://bit.ly/wordsinactionform