LDT – Language Development for Teachers – 2020
This practical 20-hour course is ideal if you are at B2/C1 level (CEFR) and are looking to develop your English language knowledge and improve your language awareness.
The lessons will be recorded and available for 1 week (7 days) for participants to watch in case they need to miss any of the lessons. After 7 days, the lessons are automatically deleted.
Minimum number of participants 6 – maximum number of participants 14.
- Wednesday evenings from 8.00 to 9.00 p.m. (Brasilia time)
- From July to December, 2020 (20 classes – 1 hour per week)
|August||5, 12, 19, 26|
|September||2, 9, 16, 23, 30|
|October||7, 14, 21, 28|
|November||4, 11, 18, 25|
Sessions – Content
|Session 3||Participle Clauses|
|Session 4||Idioms, metaphors and similes|
|Session 5||Phonology – Vowels|
|Session 7||Phonology – Consonants|
|Session 9||Phonology – Connected Speech|
|Session 10||Sentences and clauses|
|Session 11||Old words, new meanings|
|Session 14||Subject-verb agreement|
|Session 15||Time, tense, and aspect|
|Session 16||The progressive aspect|
|Session 17||The perfect aspect|
|Session 18||Phonology – Stress|
|Session 19||Spoken grammar|
|Session 20||Futurity |
- All the handouts and slides used during the course will be provided for the course participants free of charge.
- 6 instalments of R$ 199,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (June, 2020 to December, 2020)
- 5 instalments of R$ 238,80 via boleto bancário or credit card (August, 2020 to December, 2020)
- A computer connected to the internet;
- Broadband internet connection (at least 10 Mbps).
- Groups must have a minimum number of 6 participants and a maximum of 14;
- Lessons will be recorded and available for a week. After 7 days the recordings are automatically deleted.
Sérgio Pantoja is a CELT-P and CELT-S tutor, Delta Module 1 tutor and freelance teacher trainer. He has been in the ELT field since 2002, having worked as an English teacher, tutor, teacher trainer and Cambridge speaking examiner (Main Suite and YLE). He holds among others, the CPE, a degree in Languages, a postgraduate degree in English Language Teaching and Translation, a TESOL Certificate from the University of Oregon, USA, and the Delta. His Delta Module 3 Specialism focused on LDT (Language Development for Teachers). An active member of the ELT community, Sérgio is part of the BRAZ-TESOL advisory council.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/ldtwednesdaysform