Online Courses for Teachers – C1 Advanced Prep Course.
The aim of the course is to give you the necessary grounding to enable you to pass the exam and also sharpen your English skills. It will provide you with a thorough, detailed understanding of the C1 Advanced exam and teach you the best test-taking strategies. With tuition and support from an experienced tutor, you will develop your speaking, writing, listening, reading, grammar and vocabulary as well as all the strategies you need for the exam.
Cambridge English exams are internationally recognised and among the world’s best-known qualifications. They are used by employers and universities as reliable indicators of competence in the English language.
This is an 80-hour course divided into 2 semesters:
- 1st semester – from January to June, 2020 (40 classes – 1 hour per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- 2nd semester – from July to December, 2020 (40 classes – 1 hour per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
Throughout the first and second semesters, you will be taking mocks of exam papers and receiving feedback on your Reading & Use of English, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Based on your performance, you may choose to sit the exam after one semester of preparation or go on studying and take it after two semesters.
Minimum number of participants 4 – maximum number of participants 8.
The lessons will be recorded and available for 1 week (7 days) for participants to watch in case they need to miss any of the lessons. After 7 days, the lessons are automatically deleted.
Monday and Wednesday evenings from 9.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.(Brasília time)
|February||4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 27|
|March||3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, 31|
|April||2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 23, 28, 30|
|May||5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28|
|June||2, 4 , 9, 16, 18, 23|
|August||4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27|
|September||1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29|
|October||1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29|
|November||3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26|
|December||1, 3, 8, 10|
- Ready for Advanced Student’s Book with key, by Roy Norris and Amanda French. Macmillan Education, 2014 (Third Edition).
- Ready for Advanced Workbook with key, by Roy Norris and Amanda French. Macmillan Education, 2014 (Third Edition) – optional.
- Register in December 2019 and pay 13 instalments of R$ 332,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (December, 2019 to December, 2020)
- Register in January 2020 and pay 12 instalments of R$ 360,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (January, 2020 to December, 2020)
- Register in February 2020 and pay 11 instalments of R$ 393,00 via boleto bancário or credit card (February, 2020 to December, 2020)
- Groups must have a minimum number of 4 participants and a maximum of 8;
- Teachers must have at least a B2 level of proficiency in order to be accepted into the course;
- Lessons will be recorded and available for a week. After 7 days the recordings are automatically deleted;
- Homework will be assigned every week so it is of paramount importance that participants can allocate 2 – 3 hours a week to do all the assignments.
- A computer connected to the internet;
- Broadband internet connection (at least 10 Mbps).
Sérgio Pantoja is a CELT-P and CELT-S tutor, Delta Module 1 tutor and freelance teacher trainer. He has been in the ELT field since 2002, having worked as an English teacher, tutor, teacher trainer and Cambridge speaking examiner (Main Suite and YLE). He holds among others, the CPE, a degree in Languages, a postgraduate degree in English Language Teaching and Translation, a TESOL Certificate from the University of Oregon, USA, and the Delta. His Delta Module 3 Specialism focused on LDT (Language Development for Teachers). An active member of the ELT community, Sérgio is part of the BRAZ-TESOL advisory council.
Click here to register: http://bit.ly/c1prepcourse2020